Inspiring Progressive Business
If you’re looking to grow your business, there really is a world of opportunity out there. Here you can find the insight and inspiration you need to help take your next step.
Ready to take your next step internationally?
Why go International?
There are plenty of reasons you might consider taking your business global. Entering new markets provides opportunities to expand your brand’s footprint, increase your customer base, purchase products from the most efficient sources and much more.
Trading internationally can also help you diversify risk and build resilience to future shocks.
Research supports this. For example, The Institute for International Economics found that US businesses that export not only grow faster, but are also 8.5% less likely to go out of business than non-exporting businesses (1).
And in the UK, businesses that trade goods internationally are, on average, around 70% more productive than non-traders (2).
How does it benefit SMEs in particular?
Small-to-medium sized enterprises are key drivers of economic and social well-being the world-over. They represent 99% of all businesses, and generate a huge 60% of employment, contributing more than half of business sector value-add in most advanced economies (3).
Despite this, SMEs are widely under-represented on the global stage, accounting for an average of just 33% of exports and 40% of imports in selected developed markets – and just 18% of exports and 34% of imports in selected emerging economies (4).
In comparison to the majority of large industrial businesses, in most economies, just 5%-40% of SMEs export (5). However, trading internationally can expose your business to new technologies, innovation and skills, as well as having a positive effect on your bottom line.
The rise of global value chains and digital transformation offers new opportunities for SMEs to integrate into the global economy (6).
Listen to Chek Hup, a Malaysian instant beverage exporter, explain how our solutions and global network helped them expand throughout Asia Pacific.
Start your expansion journey
Taking your business global can be as daunting as it is exciting. We’re here to help you navigate the journey, offering expert insights to help you understand the nuances of each market, the products and services you might want to consider, as well as how to manage the risks.
How we can help
We can help you ready your business for international expansion, giving you greater control over your global finances, and the insight to hit the ground running in whichever new markets you choose:
- Dedicated support: benefit from our global oversight and continuity, and our local knowledge and expertise
- International banking solutions: get innovative, tailored solutions that extend beyond traditional finance and banking
- Insight and connection: access an unparalleled range of global insight, research and networking opportunities
- Global Banking made simple: bring all your global banking together in one place with HSBCnet, our award-winning online banking platform
Explore real-life customer stories about how they’ve taken their business to the next level.
ADI International – A story of international growth from the UAE
Advanced Navigation & Positioning Corporation (ANPC)
We can help you
- Gain greater control over your global finances
- Use a single platform that scales as you grow, bringing all your global banking together in one place – and allowing you to track your global financial position in real time
- Access international banking solutions to develop your business, from funding equipment purchases to managing your supply chain
- Navigate the local business environment
- Access dedicated support to help you fully understand, trade and operate in new markets
- Set your business up for international expansion
- Leverage our international network to build meaningful connections outside your existing market and tap into local expertise to support your growth
Find out more about how going international can help you to achieve your business growth ambitions.