Was this article helpful?
Asiamoney's Global RMB Poll invites corporations, financial institutions and investors from around the world that have used onshore, offshore and cross-border RMB-related products and services to meet their transaction banking, capital markets and insight needs to participate in an online survey.
One of the region’s first and most comprehensive client-oriented polls for assessing RMB services, the poll covers a range of services such as bond syndication, transaction banking, derivatives and research, as well as featuring a Best Overall category for the bank that demonstrates excellence across all services.
Asiamoney Global RMB Poll
HSBC has ranked No.1 for Best Overall RMB Products and Services in the Asiamoney RMB Poll since the poll first launched in 2012.
HSBC is at the forefront of both offshore and onshore RMB business
- One of the largest global Renminbi (RMB) networks, with capabilities in over 50 markets
- First foreign bank to open a majority-owned joint venture securities company in Mainland China offering services in equity & debt sponsoring and underwriting, equity research, securities brokerage and M&A advisory
- First foreign bank able to joint lead underwrite Panda bond issuances by offshore non-financial corporates in China Interbank Bond Market
- Leading onshore custodian bank in the Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII) and RMB Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (RQFII) schemes1
- Among the first banks to offer trading services under the Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect and Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect
- Among the first banks to be market makers under Bond Connect and being mandated on six out of eight bond offerings in the first week of launch
- Led the first Belt and Road Panda Bond distributed via Bond Connect
- Among the first banks to offer funds under the Mutual Recognition of Funds (MRF) scheme with the largest market share in Southbound MRF
- First bank to settle RMB trade in six continents
- Leading in the offshore RMB bond underwriting league table since 20112
- Leading foreign bank for onshore RMB bond issuances for international issuers 3
- Among the first banks to be connected to China’s Cross-border Interbank Payment System (CIPS) and ranked 1st among foreign banks in terms of both inward and outward volumes
- Source: China Securities Regulatory Commission website in terms of number of QFII/ RQFII approved. State Administration of Foreign Exchange website in terms of QFII/ RQFII quota approved.
- 3. Bloomberg