HSBC in Europe
Discover our European Proposition
Europe is the 2nd Largest Region in the world for GDP with 4 European countries in the Global top 10 economies.
In 2018, HSBC has been named # 1 Service Level in Western Europe and # 1 Global Trade Finance Bank by Euromoney Trade Finance Survey 2018.
In 2017, HSBC was named the "World's Best Bank" in Euromoney magazine's Awards for Excellence 2017.
We also won the title of "World's Best Investment Bank in the Emerging Markets" as well as nine regional and national awards including Western Europe's Best Bank for Financing.
Jeroen Bakhuizen Managing Director and Head of International Subsidiary Banking - Europe, HSBC While many of the headlines on economic growth focus on emerging regions such as Asia, Europe remains at the heart of corporate strategy for the vast majority of multinationals. These include both Asian and US businesses looking for international expansion and European businesses seeking to shore up their regional presence by increasing market share and extending into new local markets. Regardless of how new or mature their activities in Europe may be, and wherever in the world they are headquartered, corporations need a banking partner with the capability and reach to meet their current and future challenges in Europe, one that understands and supports their corporate strategy at a global level.
Adopted in 2007 and implemented in 2009, the Payment Services Directive (PSD1) aimed to create a single market for payments in the European Union, as well as provide a foundation for the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA).
A truly European bank
- HSBC has a distinct network in Europe. We reach 34 markets and we have physical presence in 19.
- Our network covers 99% of European payment flows and 90% of global trade flows.
- HSBC is the partner of choice for 6,500 multinationals in Europe.
- EEA entities in key locations: HSBC France and HSBC Germany and treasury centres in Ireland and Netherlands.
- Largest market capitalisation of any bank in Europe
- Access to 50+ clearing systems in Europe