79% of businesses globally are optimistic about the future. Are you one of them?
Our annual Navigator research shows that confidence among businesses like yours is booming. We surveyed more than 9,000 business decision makers across the world to understand the challenges, threats and most importantly, opportunities they face. Our headline findings and in-depth market reports can help you as you look to identify new customers, hone your business strategy and make informed decisions to stay ahead of the pack.
Let us guide you through a whole world of opportunity:
Navigator - Be better informed
Businesses like yours are growing and changing through these five key strategies - are you?
Have you identified the right opportunities? Here are the top 3:
1. Maximising on new markets opening up
2. Investing in technology
3. Exploring new products and services
Making smart investments
Are you investing in processes and systems?
of businesses are investing to support more sustainable production in the next five years
Preparing to change
Are you prepared to transform your business?
of businesses are expecting total or substantial change over the next five years
Investing in people
Are you implementing people policies?
of businesses agree that the mental well-being of their people is critical to success
Are you digitising your business?
of businesses like yours are dealing with political uncertainty by moving more business online
Barry O’Byrne, Interim CEO, HSBC Global Commercial Banking
"We understand that there's a lot of uncertainty this year. In the nature of this environment - a proactive and resilient approach is critical.
We're working with clients to adopt a proactive approach and support them to make informed changes.
The Navigator research demonstrates the critical areas to focus on - customer experience and bringing new skills to your work-force."
Planning for the future, what are your opportunities?
- Leverage the wider benefits of doing trade: Your competitors are maximising opportunities to drive innovation and efficiency, as well as using it to have an impact on the environment and society. Are you tapping into the wider potential?
- Prioritise investments: It's more important than ever to divert finances in the right direction. Technology, People and Sustainability are top of your competitors' lists - are they at the top of yours?
- Look beyond profits: Are you putting People, Planet and Purpose at the core of your strategy? Competitors are using this approach to grow their business.
- Make sustainability essential: Nearly all businesses are feeling the pressure to become more sustainable. Savvy businesses are using it to improve efficiency and drive sales. Have you unlocked the full potential of moving to a sustainable future?
HSBC’s Navigator 2019 surveyed 9,131 business decision-makers in 35 markets. Research by Kantar for HSBC August and September 2019