HSBC in Europe
Discover our European Proposition
Europe is the 2nd Largest Region in the world for GDP with 4 European countries in the Global top 10 economies.
In 2018, HSBC has been named # 1 Service Level in Western Europe and # 1 Global Trade Finance Bank by Euromoney Trade Finance Survey 2018.
In 2017, HSBC was named the "World's Best Bank" in Euromoney magazine's Awards for Excellence 2017.
We also won the title of "World's Best Investment Bank in the Emerging Markets" as well as nine regional and national awards including Western Europe's Best Bank for Financing.
Simon Wells Chief European Economist Slowing growth and potential leadership changes
Eleanor Hill Editor, TMI Driven by technological and regulatory change, the payments landscape is currently a hotbed of innovation.
A truly European bank
- HSBC has a distinct network in Europe. We reach 34 markets and we have physical presence in 19.
- Our network covers 99% of European payment flows and 90% of global trade flows.
- HSBC is the partner of choice for 6,500 multinationals in Europe.
- EEA entities in key locations: HSBC France and HSBC Germany and treasury centres in Ireland and Netherlands.
- Largest market capitalisation of any bank in Europe
- Access to 50+ clearing systems in Europe