Business Beyond COVID-19 – The Global Podcast Series
Welcome to Business Beyond COVID-19, HSBC’s podcast series about embracing business unusual through the global pandemic and beyond. We talk to industry leaders and experts to understand how they are adapting, reshaping and innovating through these extraordinary times.
HSBC UK hosted a virtual discussion in September with industry experts from the Tech sector to discuss the great digital acceleration of society and our working lives. Specifically focusing on customer experience (CX) and user experience (UX) in a post-COVID-19 world, and how organisations are adapting to meet emerging customer needs
Listening time 12min
Key takeaways for organisations to take advantage of technology during and beyond COVID-19:
- Digital CX is a big priority, now more than ever with the decline in physical interactions
- Brand loyalty now hinges on organisations being able to provide the same level of experience through digital
- CX is all encompassing, taking into consideration all the touchpoints a customer has with your brand
- If it’s not friction free, it doesn’t work
- The relationship between business and customer is based on how easily people can digitally interact with them
- Use technology to drive interaction and a personalised journey, like you would in the physical world
- This accelerating trend will allow your business to operate in different and more agile ways of working
- Focus on understanding your data better and driving changes to customer experience through the insight generated from this data
- Don’t be scared of AI, it doesn’t have to be really technical
The relationship between a business and its customers is all up for grabs, based on can they digitally interact with them and make it all super easy for people.
Don't try and boil the ocean, start small and iterate and learn and be prepared to fail, but try and deliver change in small incremental, bite sized chunks.
One of the biggest impacts of Covid-19 has been to accelerate existing trends, no more so than in the way we interact with customers.
What are the top opportunities ahead?
Digital is not an option, it’s not another channel – it is the channel.
Use your data, insights from your data and your AI capabilities to create a joined up customer journey.
Customers may be giving some leeway right now but the expectation on consistent customer and user experience is not going away.
A strong digital strategy will be your competitive advantage. Join the dots and create a holistic approach to this.
Create consistency and synergies between the way customers are physically and digitally interacting with your business.
The world has changed. Be prepared to start small and deliver things through continuous change.