The Belt and Road Initiative is vast encompassing countries that account for
of global GDP
HSBC has been named Best Overall International Bank for Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) in the inaugural Asiamoney New Silk Road Finance Awards, reflecting the Bank’s commitment to being the leading financial partner to clients engaged in Belt and Road projects.
China’s Belt and Road Initiative is creating enormous business opportunities throughout Asia, Africa and Europe which HSBC could help you exploit. Covering two trade routes, the overall objective is to increase regional trade and encourage economic cooperation.
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) has identified a number of Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) countries poised to benefit from China’s “digital silk road”
As an infrastructure development strategy encompassing over 60 nations, China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) is bound to have a series of spillover effects on the local industries of host countries.
- Competitive global network with coverage of over 90% of global trade and capital flows.
- Uniquely positioned product expertise including cross border and bespoke product solutions across investment banking and traditional banking, from sourcing targets to providing one-stop holistic solutions.
- Leading international bank in China with the largest onshore network in China managing the highest inbound and outbound investment flows.
- Leading international bank for Renminbi (RMB) offering a range of RMB products, services and expertise across more than 50 markets.
- Leading bank in sustainable finance with expertise in raising debt capital for clients through green bonds and a long-standing commitment to developing and implementing environmental standards for the project finance industry.
Many countries along the Belt and Road routes lack the funds and the expertise to execute the projects involved, creating huge opportunities for international businesses from financial services to construction, supply chain management to professional services.
Belt and Road is about opportunity. For construction, logistics and energy companies; for exporters and for local and international investors, by galvanising fundraising and financial-markets activity across dozens of countries housing hundreds of millions of people in the coming years.
Are there opportunities for your business where Chinese organisations are investing along the Belt and Road routes?
Speak to your HSBC relationship manager to find out more or email us.