Grow your business
As the world’s number one trade bank, HSBC has been helping businesses create opportunities in new places and helping new relationships flourish for over 130 years.
Unlike other banks, our knowledge goes beyond just understanding individual ASEAN markets, but understanding how to navigate the dynamics and connections between them – across different industries, people, and cultures. HSBC’s connected knowledge helps businesses unlock growth potential in ASEAN.
Deep knowledge and proactive insights
Access to an unparalleled wealth of knowledge rooted in 153 years of history.
Deep understanding of the similarities and diversity of culture, business landscape and levels of development across the region.
Specialist knowledge and local RMs needed to guide businesses through regulatory, cultural and economic nuances to achieve their growth potential.
Connecting clients to opportunities across ASEAN, and beyond
Global Network: HSBC has the most competitive global footprint, with over 4,400 offices across 70 countries covering over 90% of global trade and capital flows, as well comprehensive client coverage. In ASEAN, we have 200 offices across 6 key markets supported by 15,000 staff serving 10,000 corporate clients, 20,000 SMEs and 2.5m retail clients.
ASEAN Desks: We have established an ASEAN Desk Network that includes a China desk and three European desks – Germany, France and the UK. All located in our Singapore hub these desks are dedicated to helping customers and prospects do business in ASEAN.
Local Corporate Desks: Our desks help connect inbound clients to new opportunities and new business partners in local markets.
Regional Relationship Managers (RRM’s): Dedicated RRM’s established within the International Subsidiary Banking (ISB) franchise support multinational customers with regional ASEAN and/or Asia Pacific subsidiary banking needs. RRM capabilities are maintained across several ASEAN and Asia Pacific countries with Singapore currently serving as the largest ASEAN hub.
Specialised solutions with regional capabilities
- Credit and lending
- Structured banking
- Project and export financing (including cross-border & cross-currency lending, FTZ platforms)
- Solution structuring
- Trade & supply chain finance
- Receivables finance
- Payments, collections and remittances
- Liquidity management
- Regional client service
- Global markets
- Hedging and risk management
- Corporate treasury solutions (FX)
- Thought leadership
- Capital markets
- Bond issuance including on and offshore bonds (dim sum, panda, green)
- Equity placement, IPO
- Ratings advisory
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Cross-border M&A
- Exposure to BRI-project eco-systems, equities and fixed-income assets
Innovation initiatives to embrace a fast-changing future
Global Payments: HSBC focuses on streamlining domestic and foreign payments and collections with our end-to-end global disbursements and receivables services. The improved efficiency and enhanced visibility lead to more accurate forecasting – helping customers to lower the overall cost of doing business while also potentially strengthening supplier and customer relationships.
Sustainable Finance: Our Centre of Sustainable Finance provides sustainability-related thought leadership and innovative solutions, helping unlock the capital flows needed to address some of the world's major sustainability challenges.
Tech Partners: Our 3rd party Fintech partnership allows us to create bespoke payment and collection solutions in local markets.
The latest Blockchain solutions: We’re developing Blockchain solution-led technologies to revolutionize trade finance by enhancing efficiencies and transaction lead times. We are actively testing these Blockchain technologies and our teams are happy discuss potential opportunities with you.
One way of banking
One client across ASEAN. One way of banking
- Offering of HSBC’s tools, such as HSBCnet, to provide one easy-to-use consolidated interface to actively manage global cash management, trade and supply chain, securities and global markets needs seamlessly across countries.
- Regionally-empowered coverage bankers provide access through single touch points and can work closely with local RMs in countries.
- Across all lines of business, our offers form a universal banking model that is relatively unmatched by our competitors in the region.
For over 130 years HSBC has played an active role in the development of economies and infrastructure within ASEAN, and now has the network coverage that can capture 93%+ of ASEAN GDP and international trade.
Case Study: Netpoleon Solutions
- Founded in year 2000, Netpoleon Solutions is an industry leader for distributing a holistic bundle of network and security solutions to leading organizations. Today, they have extended their proven network and security expertise across ASEAN.
- Headquartered in Singapore, Netpoleon Solutions serves a wide range of industries and customers across Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. Find out more from Mr Francis Goh, CEO of Netpoleon Group, about their expansion journey in ASEAN and how HSBC has supported their growth.
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
Issued by HSBC UK Bank plc
HSBC is the marketing name for the businesses of HSBC Holdings, plc and its affiliates worldwide. Products and services provided in the U.S. are offered by HSBC USA, N.A. Member FDIC
This article is distributed to provide general information about the subject matter covered and should not be utilized as a substitute for professional advice in specific situations. If you require such advice, please consult with your own professional advisers. Content and discussion are provided for informational purposes only, and do not constitute any commitment to underwrite, subscribe for or place any securities or to extend or arrange credit or to provide any other product or service.
The information contained in the video embedded on this site may include information from third parties who HSBC believe to be reliable but such information will not have been independently verified by HSBC. HSBC makes no representations that involvement in any particular location, sector or industry is suitable for your circumstances. HSBC encourages you to obtain legal, financial and any other relevant advice before entering into a transaction.