China's middleclass could number
As China’s domestic firms shift to higher-margin business, they are open to foreign companies to supply them with high-value goods and services and can tap into the rapidly growing Chinese middleclass.
China’s state-owned enterprises (SOEs) are investing outside China, creating opportunities for internationally minded companies to participate in massive capital projects in Asia, Africa and Europe.
Running a sustainable business is no longer just a nice to have or simply the right thing to do. To do business in China, it’s a prerequisite. Find out from one manufacturer how becoming more sustainable helped his business and cut costs.
Find our more about sustainable finance
The belt and road initiative is the biggest infrastructure initiative in modern history, spanning 65 countries. With USD 2.5 trillion of investment over the next 10 years, find out how it could help your business grow.
Find our more about the Belt and Road Initiative
- The Economist Intelligent Unit Mapping out industries affected by or involved in the BRI 24 Jan 2018
- Bloomberg Media Studios on behalf of HSBC The New Trade Routes Reshaping The Global Economic Landscape 19 Dec 2017
- China’s Journey From Factory To Forerunner 18 Dec 2017
China's economic transition involves:
- Global economic growth fueled by investment of China’s vast sovereign wealth outside of mainland China
- Clustering of higher-margin high-tech manufacturing and service-oriented businesses on the Pearl River Delta
- The Belt and Road Initiative is investing trillions of dollars in physical infrastructure and financial institutions linking China’s businesses to the rest of Asia, Africa and Europe
- Internationalisation of the renminbi, an inevitable consequence, as well as policy mandate, of externalising China’s investment.
By 2020 RMB will be an important trade settlement currency, investment currency and a reserve currency.
How will China’s growth plans impact your business with and in Asia?
Speak to your HSBC relationship manager to find out more or email us.